[Scribus] Debugging problems with start on OSX

avox avox
Fri Feb 2 17:13:37 CET 2007

Michael Crisci wrote:

> Andreas,
>
>       I must have had the wrong ghostscript installed. It's fine now.
>
>       I have another question: Is there documentation available? I
> went to the HELP menu, and it said that there was none with the program.

You probabaly installed the release candidate instead of the final release.
Easy to fix in Terminal:
    cd /Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/scribus; ln -s ../doc/scribus doc

> The reason why I'm asking is: I'm very fluent in DTP. I set a text
> box, went to the text tool, went to set a font, and there were no
> fonts showing when I went to choose one.

Not sure what you mean here. To change a font you have to use
StoryEditor or the Properties window. The Style->Font menu is
not working on OSX. The Style menu will disappear in the next
version anyhow, so you better get used to using Properties :-)

/Andreas