[Scribus] Debugging problems with start on OSX

jon info
Fri Feb 2 10:10:15 CET 2007

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Main_Page

> The reason why I'm asking is: I'm very fluent in DTP. I set a text
> box, went to the text tool, went to set a font, and there were no
> fonts showing when I went to choose one. Strange. I checked the font
> paths, and fonts are listed (i didn't change anything), but they are
> not showing up. I can, however, import a "loren Ipsum" document. The
> print shows as a dcoument.

Seems to be a "feature".
Create Text box, double click into Text Box (blinking cursor), go to
probperty pallette (F2), go to text, choose a font - typing is now
enabled.
OR
Create Text Box, with the box active go to Story Editor.

:-) Jon