[Scribus] HOWTO build Scribus 1.3.5svn on Windows

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sun Aug 26 19:46:25 CEST 2007

> CMake output said "Python Library Found OK", but I do not have Python
> installed.

I'll have a look at this... It shouldnt report this if its not there, unless
you installed it as a part of another application?

> Actually, it did not have much trouble finding libraries. The problem with
> Python was that I could not say something like -DHAVE_PYTHON=0, even though
> Python is supposed to be *optional*, not required.

Its not optional in 1.3.5+

> The problem with Freetype was that after it said that it found Freetype (I
> assume that means it found the headers), it then started looking for
> particular functions in libfreetype.so, instead of libfreetype.a, but I
> fixed that by editing CMakeCache.txt. Freetype-config returns the correct
> library name, so it seems that libfreetype.so was hard-coded.

We need specific functions in FreeType.

> >You will need to know CMake and win32 building quite well, or be willing
> >to learn and spend quite a bit of time, to get this to work.
>
> I see. So has someone actually built 1.3.5svn for Windows, by whatever
> means?

Sure, daily, via MSVC though.

Craig