[Scribus] Printing errors - HPDeskjet6122

Anne Wilson lists
Thu Aug 9 20:41:07 CEST 2007

On Thursday 09 Aug 2007, Brian Astill wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 09:24:28 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I would say that the most likely cause is the Ubuntu package.
> > ?It happens. ? Have you tried searching for a bug report?
>
> Then either you are not using logic or my saying "all other apps
> print flawlessly" was insufficient.  OK.
> I have used my HPDeskjet6122 in Ubuntu Breezy, Hoary, Dapper, Edgy
> and (currently) Feisty, without any problem whatsoever in any
> application whatsoever.

So that makes it unlikely that is the printer, IMO.

> I have used my HPDeskjet6122 to print in Ubuntu from Scribus in
> all versions up to 1.3.3.8 without any problem whatsoever.
> Scribus 1.3.3.9 printed strangely - it shifted the contents
> upwards by 2 inches or so.  IE the heading was off the page and
> there was a large empty space at the bottom.  Fortunately I only
> produce my newsletter once a month so I was prepared to live with
> it and print using jpeg for the time being.
> Scribus 1.3.4 will not print at all.
>
> Despite all this, it is still possible that Ubuntu is the
> problem - but _extremely_ unlikely.

On the contrary - I would say you have proved my point.  Many people use
1.3.3.9 without any such problem - I do, too.  However, I have seen no input
from anyone to say whether

1) they have used it with your printer model	or
2) they have used it with exactly the same ubuntu package as you have.

I'm not knocking ubuntu.  A fault in a package can happen to any distro.  It
may not be this at all, but so far it looks the most likely explanation.  If
it is so, then either a bug will have been reported or you should do so, for
the benefit of others.

It would be really helpful if anyone could answer the two points above.

Anne