[Scribus] Printing errors - HPDeskjet6122

Brian Astill bastill
Thu Aug 9 14:54:41 CEST 2007

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 09:24:28 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> I would say that the most likely cause is the Ubuntu package.
> ?It happens. ? Have you tried searching for a bug report?

Then either you are not using logic or my saying "all other apps
print flawlessly" was insufficient.  OK.
I have used my HPDeskjet6122 in Ubuntu Breezy, Hoary, Dapper, Edgy
and (currently) Feisty, without any problem whatsoever in any
application whatsoever.
I have used my HPDeskjet6122 to print in Ubuntu from Scribus in
all versions up to 1.3.3.8 without any problem whatsoever.
Scribus 1.3.3.9 printed strangely - it shifted the contents
upwards by 2 inches or so.  IE the heading was off the page and
there was a large empty space at the bottom.  Fortunately I only
produce my newsletter once a month so I was prepared to live with
it and print using jpeg for the time being.
Scribus 1.3.4 will not print at all.

Despite all this, it is still possible that Ubuntu is the
problem - but _extremely_ unlikely.
--
Regards,
Brian