[Scribus] Scribus hangs for 40 mins, then disappears

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Mon Apr 30 20:47:45 CEST 2007

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:20:52 -0700
ols6000 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

> >Is there any reason not to load those images into Gimp and scale
> >them down to a
> >more manageable size?
>
> I want the maximum resolution. Also, it would be a lot of work (there
> are many images).

If you're printing the document, your maximum resolution will be limited by the
resolution of the printing device and the dot gain on the paper that you're
using.

Image Magic can scale images in batches so you don't have to do it one at a
time or anything like that.  If you're capturing the images from something, you
can even script it to automatically scale them.

> In any case, you see the error messages, and Scribus does crash, so
> there is something wrong. IMHO, an application like Scribus should
> never crash, regardless of the conditions or input, without some
> diagnostic message to the user, prefereably a useful one.

It says that it ran out of memory.