[Scribus] Scribus hangs for 40 mins, then disappears

ols6000 at sbcglobal.net ols6000
Mon Apr 30 20:20:52 CEST 2007

At 10:43 AM 4/30/2007, Frank Cox wrote:
>Is there any reason not to load those images into Gimp and scale
>them down to a
>more manageable size?

I want the maximum resolution. Also, it would be a lot of work (there
are many images).

At 10:52 AM 4/30/2007, Craig Bradney wrote:
>Since when? I often throw 3000x2000 hi res JPEGs at it, or bigger.. and its
>fine.

It has always failed for me. These are the same images I filed bug
reports on a while back.

In any case, you see the error messages, and Scribus does crash, so
there is something wrong. IMHO, an application like Scribus should
never crash, regardless of the conditions or input, without some
diagnostic message to the user, prefereably a useful one.