[Scribus] Printing a '3 Fold' Rack Card

Nigel Ridley nigel
Sun Apr 29 08:12:03 CEST 2007

Nigel Ridley wrote:
> I have just finished my first project - a '3 Fold' Rack Card.
> File > New > 3 Fold
> I then chose custom size of 210 x 297 (A4 paper size) and 6 pages.
> I did all the design - graphics and text on the 6 'pages'.
> It all looked very nice in Scribus - the 'front' page at the top right with three
> pages joined together underneath with a further two pages under them - 6 in all.
> The idea being to print (on my home printer - an Epson inkjet) a double sided Rack
> Card on A4 paper.
>
> I saved the Scribus file as a pdf - but how do I print it?
> I can't get it to print three 'pages' next to each other to make the 'folded' Rack
> Card. I can only seem to print one 'page' at a time.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Blessings,
>
> Nigel

Replying to myself a bit:
I checked the man pages for psbook and psnup but it would seem that psbook needs
multiples of 4 [pages] to work - I have six pages on a 3 Panel Roll Fold Rack
Brochure.

psnup could put the 3 pages per a4 paper that I need but how would I get the pages
to be in a logical order - ie. front cover = page 1; inside would be pages 2,3 and
4; with the reverse side of the folded flap being page 5 and the back (when roll
folded) being page 6?

The 'How To Create a Brochure' howto
[http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Creating_a_brochure]
refers to what I created as a '3 Panel Roll Fold Rack Brochure'.

I know that Scribus is geared to producing pdf's to give to a professional
printing house but perhaps there is need of a 'Home Printing' howto??

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries