[Scribus] Printing a '3 Fold' Rack Card

Riku Leino tsoots
Sun Apr 29 08:42:51 CEST 2007

> > I saved the Scribus file as a pdf - but how do I print it?
> > I can't get it to print three 'pages' next to each other to make the
> > 'folded' Rack Card. I can only seem to print one 'page' at a time.
> >
> > What am I missing?

Proper page setup. You  picked three pages per one side of your rack card.
What you should have done is to pick only single page per side.

These instructions apply to scribus versions 1.3.3.x. So if you aren't running
the latest version please upgrade.

Pick page properties from the very first page (#1). Set the width of the page
to the width of your paper (297 mm for A4). Unselect the checkbox "Move
objects with pages".

Repeat this to the page #4.

Delete pages 2, 3, 5 and 6. Now when you export this doc to pdf it should only
give you two pages in the final size of the paper. Use guides to separate
mark folds in your document.

> I know that Scribus is geared to producing pdf's to give to a professional
> printing house but perhaps there is need of a 'Home Printing' howto??

I doubt this is the way pros do these things. It's just a cool way to get
pages ordered inside Scribus (three right next to each others). It's a bit
confusing indeed. Anybody else want to comment?

Here's a 'home creation of the three fold brochure' howto which probably would
have saved you few hours if only...

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Scribus_Video_Tutorials#Creating_a_three_fold_document_using_Manage_Guides_dialog