[Scribus] Book length projects.

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Apr 27 15:33:11 CEST 2007

avox wrote:
> Additionally, we always keep backward compatibility even in our development
> versions
> (ie. you can open any old file with a newer version and expect it to look
> the
> same as in the old version). The opposite is not true, that is you can't
> open
> 1.3.4 file in 1.3.3 in case you want to turn back later.

So in the end, it's good practice to save a copy of a 1.3.3.x file, just
in case you have to revert to an older Scribus version.

I wonder if Scribus could some day automatically do this, as some other
programs do, eg by saving filename.sla as filename.sla.bak when a new
version loads an old version file?

Greg