[Scribus] Book length projects.

avox avox
Fri Apr 27 11:03:35 CEST 2007

Craig Bradney-2 wrote:

>> > Justification has been improved in 1.3.4cvs. I agree, before that it
> looked
>> > awful.
>>
>> Nice to hear that. I understand 1.3.4 is a development branch, and users
>> are usually discouraged to use it for major projects. My question is: if
>>   I have no deadlines in the near future and I can live with minor
>> glitches or headaches and take some precautions (like having to patch
>> the program from time to time, putting my sla files under revision
>> control), is it ok to use this branch for real work? Are there any plans
>> to introduce major changes to the file format or anything that breaks
>> forward compatibility of the sla files?
>
> There is no reason you cannot use 1.3.4 however you have to accept the
> consequences. It has a LOT of changes.. really.. a huge number!

Additionally, we always keep backward compatibility even in our development
versions
(ie. you can open any old file with a newer version and expect it to look
the
same as in the old version). The opposite is not true, that is you can't
open
1.3.4 file in 1.3.3 in case you want to turn back later.

/Andreas