[Scribus] [CREATE] [Fwd: Palimpsest metadata processor]

Jon Phillips jon
Fri Apr 20 19:51:59 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 15:03 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 4/20/07, Daniel James wrote:
>
> > I'm just forwarding a mail I received about a new project, which may be
> > of interest to list members. It's a Python module designed to handle
> > multimedia file metadata according to Adobe's XMP standard. This could
> > be useful for automated tagging when uploading files to websites, for
> > instance with a Creative Commons or other free content licence.
>
> I've been thinking about a ready-to-use automated solution for making
> photobooks and photoalbums (think http://www.blurb.com/). XMP +
> Scribus could do a great job here. Or maybe XMP + PhotoPrint. Anyone
> experimented with that?
>
> Alexandre

Heya, yes, I'm aware of these projects. I'm working on interoperability
for CC right now and have been working with Adobe's XMP product manager
about some big things coming soon :)

Anyway, XMP is the way forward on the desktop!

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA