[Scribus] [CREATE] [Fwd: Palimpsest metadata processor]

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Apr 20 14:59:39 CEST 2007

Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 4/20/07, Daniel James wrote:
>

>> I'm just forwarding a mail I received about a new project, which may be
>> of interest to list members. It's a Python module designed to handle
>> multimedia file metadata according to Adobe's XMP standard. This could
>> be useful for automated tagging when uploading files to websites, for
>> instance with a Creative Commons or other free content licence.
>>

> I've been thinking about a ready-to-use automated solution for making
> photobooks and photoalbums (think http://www.blurb.com/). XMP +
> Scribus could do a great job here. Or maybe XMP + PhotoPrint. Anyone
> experimented with that?

There is this example from the Wiki of a script I made to do this task:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Automatic_import_of_images:_Versions_not_requiring_Tkinter

and there is also this example from the Scribus Success stories,
modifying the script:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Success_stories#Full_color_70_pages_photo-book.2C_generated_using_a_script_and_published_through_Lulu.com

Greg