[Scribus] Some remarks on the wiki

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Apr 17 04:18:31 CEST 2007

Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> when looking at the wiki, I have some remarks, just my two cents ;-)
>
> 1.)
> HOWTOs, Tips and FAQ ... is there realy a clear distinction between
> these three types? OK, the FAQa are in the form of questions, but I
> realy can't see a meaningful distinction between tips and HOWTOs ..?
> Wouldn't it be better to subsume them? That would make it easier for
> beginners to find what they are looking for.

My thinking is that what the site needs is an index. No matter what you
might call this or that category, what you might call the title of an
article, there needs to be a way to find things by topic or some aspect
of the content. There is a lot of overlap in what various articles are
about, but each has its own need.

I realize this is a big task, which is why I haven't been able to get
the momentum going to start it (that, and a bout of herpes zoster).
Perhaps the upcoming LGM2 is the impetus I need to have some basic
skeleton at least begun by then.

As I look at other projects' wikis, I have to say that the Scribus wiki
is quite rich in useful information.

Greg