[Scribus] Problem while importing images (Scribus 1.3.3.6 Windows XP)

LUCOMP internetDesign Bernhard Ludwig lucomp
Wed Apr 4 19:00:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

i have a problem with importing pictures under Scribus 1.3.3.6 (Windows XP).
>From a certain file-size, the pictures are not imported in the
picture-framework. It simply happens to nothing at all. With small projects,
there are no problems, everything works perfectly. Since I must however
often go until DIN A0 and miscellaneous not-standardized large sizes, I
remained only as Workaround until now to apportion the big image-files into
3 or even four single-pictures.

My procedure, if i want to import one big image-file:

1. Aims the document
2. generating a picture-level
3. add a picture-framework
4. Right click and "picture load" the image processed in Photoshop

After short time (2-5 seconds), the cursor changes into the normal
standard-pointer and there is no image imported.

As I could determine, the problem is with all picture-formats and only from
a file-size of approximately 150 MB.

I would be happy if you had any ideas as I can avoid this problem.

Thank you,
Bernhard Ludwig

P..
Excuse my bad English please.