[Scribus] advanced booklet printing

John R. Culleton john
Wed Sep 27 22:03:45 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 11:02, Martin Tlustos wrote:
> Hi,
> my system is Suse 10.0 with the normal YOU updates, no big extras.
> Could someone help me with this: I want to layout a booklet in A5 and print
> it in two versions: one for sending via email (without booklet reordering
> so it is easier to read on screen), one with booklet reordering (for
> printing).
>
> In the wiki I found the howto about booklet printing via kprinter. That
> works nice if I start with A4 pages, but I want to start with A5 and just
> reorder the pages so that when printed they come out like a booklet. I
> don't want to start with A4 because the bigger images will cause the pdf's
> to be much bigger.
> I hope I expressed myself clearly enough... Is there a way to do this?
> Thank you for any help,
> Martin

This is possible using the Context version of TeX. If the
multiple pdf pages of the Scribus output were imported into a
Context file then perhaps it could be done. I will inquire.

I do a half page booklet or a full page pdf for online use for
the same file.  set a command line switch to control the layout.
Here is a code fragment:
\setupoutput[pdftex]
%%
\startnotmode[online]
\setuplayout[textwidth=4.25in,
location=middle,
footer=10pt,
header=0pt,
backspace=.75in,
textheight=8in,
marking=on]
\stopnotmode

\startmode[hal]
\definepapersize[halff][width=5.5in,height=8.5in]
\definepapersize[ful][width=8.5in,height=11in]
\setuppapersize[halff][ful]
\setuparranging[2UP,rotated,doublesided]
\stopmode
%%
\startmode[online]
\setuppapersize[letter][letter]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\setuplayout[textwidth 7in,marking=off,textheight=9.5in]
\stopmode
%%
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting