[Scribus] newsletter setup

Adam Lafayette atomlbomb
Tue Sep 26 19:47:49 CEST 2006

If I am understanding you correctly you can't figure out how to export to PDF.
There is an icon for exporting to PDF at the top of the scribus window under the menus.

7 icons from the left.

You do need ghostscript installed on your system before this will work.

You can also go to file > export > save as pdf

or save as EPS

or save as svg

or save as image (I believe png is the only choice on this but might be wrong).

also under preferences you can layout the page size and orientation as well as margins.

Adam Lafayette  N1ZGG   atomlbomb at yahoo.com    http://www.bloodkeg.com       http://www.geocities.com/atomlbomb

----- Original Message ----
From: "Herbert Wohl, MD" <hwohl at san.rr.com>
To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 12:42:58 PM
Subject: [Scribus] newsletter setup

I've been exploring the use of Scribus 1.3.3.3 to set up an 8-page
newsletter, and finding it difficult. I currently use my ancient Corel
Ventura v8, and it can be done as follows:
set up a virtual printer, HP LAserJet 5200 PS
set up the pages in Ventura
select file, print, and select the above printer
select "layout" (in the options offered), signature layout as
"booklet", 1 signature per sheet
check "print to file" and select name and path
select save as PS file
Using the PS file saved, convert to PDF with Ghostcript, and it all
works well.
In Scribus, the same printer offers no option to print to file nor any
layout options as above. I've reviewed the archives re "booklet"
printing here, and in the extended discussion in Feb this year there
were some workarounds for this problem but none appeared suitable for
Windows XP. Hence it is not possible to use Scribus to prepare a
newsletter: strange for a modern DTP program. Does Scribus use its own
printer drivers, as the options are not the same as under Ventura?
What am I missing here? Any suggestions appreciated.
Herb