[Scribus] book chapter header layout

Wesley T Allen wezlo
Wed Sep 20 18:31:42 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 10:09 am, Noel Castro wrote:
> >That is why its always better to call it "Master Document" instead of a
> >template. I still remember that I was as confused as Noel when I tried
> >to do the same thing in version 1.2.3.
> >
> >For now, think of the template pages as a background instead. Put
> >whatever is common on a few pages on a master document and apply it to
> >those pages.
> >
> >HTH.
>
> Ok, so I'm not exactly sure how to create a "master document." I am
> trying to layout a short book that has a few chapters. I don't mind
> creating the toc by hand, but I'd like to have the pages to have a
> header which will contain the chapter title on one side and book title
> on the other, as well as the page number. Now, the page numbering isn't
> so much a problem, but I'm still not sure how to set scribus to layout
> the text boxes for a right and left page. so far, I have to do it one
> page at a time... every time I insert a page, I am asked which template
> to use, and then I still have to make each individual text box (one for
> the header, and one for the text body, rather tedious).

You can apply master pages to a range after the fact.  So, you can apply the
book title to all odd/even pages in the document from the point at which you
want to apply the header, and then apply the master page for the odd/even
pages for that particular chapter within the range you set.  So, keep
generic "right" and "left" pages handy, and apply your set one's when you
want to finish laying the book out...

Wes