[Scribus] book chapter header layout

Noel Castro noel
Wed Sep 20 16:09:21 CEST 2006

>That is why its always better to call it "Master Document" instead of a
>template. I still remember that I was as confused as Noel when I tried
>to do the same thing in version 1.2.3.
>
>For now, think of the template pages as a background instead. Put
>whatever is common on a few pages on a master document and apply it to
>those pages.
>
>HTH.

Ok, so I'm not exactly sure how to create a "master document." I am
trying to layout a short book that has a few chapters. I don't mind
creating the toc by hand, but I'd like to have the pages to have a
header which will contain the chapter title on one side and book title
on the other, as well as the page number. Now, the page numbering isn't
so much a problem, but I'm still not sure how to set scribus to layout
the text boxes for a right and left page. so far, I have to do it one
page at a time... every time I insert a page, I am asked which template
to use, and then I still have to make each individual text box (one for
the header, and one for the text body, rather tedious).

I'm currently using scribus 1.2.X

I also see that on this list there are some authors getting their books
published, so I'm quite sure there's some way to do this.