[Scribus] Scribus, lulu.com, and Lightning Source Inc.

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Mon Sep 18 10:36:17 CEST 2006

Am Sonntag, den 17.09.2006, 18:45 -0700 schrieb Raquel Martin:
> book which will be initially
> offered on lulu.com, I would like to opt for global
> distribution through Lightning Source Inc

> Will LSI really be able to tell the difference between
> my Scribus PDF and Distiller generated PDFs?

I asked explicitly in July Don Campbell, who maintains some extra pages
for Lulu.com, because I thought Lulu.com, a company founded by a
prominent RedHat Linux representative, would offer some Open Source
alternative. But no, the requirement for Adobe Distiller is strict as
far as you go for global distribution.

Redistilling your Open Source PDF was the solution provided. However,
this might have implications on what you can do technically.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht