[Scribus] some concerns / making scribus better

Gerhard Gaußling ggnewsletter
Fri Sep 8 14:28:04 CEST 2006

Am Dienstag, 5. September 2006 03:11 schrieb Gregory Pittman:
> > 3.: I want to paste text directly on the workspace, not to first
> > make an textbox and paste it in there.
> > it should use the standard font and font size selected.
> > ?
>
> I think you're out of luck there. The workspace just defines the
> boundaries of your work, everything is in frames. Scribus is not
> trying to be a wordprocessor.

Please see my other post. InDesign doesn't want to compete to M$Word
too, at least I think so! But this is what you can do in InDesign to
create a new text frame: Just click wioth your text cursor where you
want! There will be a new text frame then, yes it's that easy!

You can even hold the left mouse button represented by the text cursor
and drag the text cursor where ever you want, to define the text frame
dimensions, an voila! start writing instantly. I call this very
conveniant.

Alternatively you can click on the toolpalette button for the text frame
tool, click then on the page and dragging the pointer to define the
text frame dimensions (holding the left mouse button), as a next step
you have to click again on the toolbar selecting the text tool to go
again to the text frame and clicking again on the page.

After all these actions you are able to write your text into the text
frame. That's in comparision to the other option less conveniant and
much slower. But you have both options available, and you'll get the
same stuff: a new text frame with new text in it.

I would like to see this in scribus, too.

regards

Gerhard Gaussling