[Scribus] some concerns / making scribus better

Pierre-Luc Auclair p.lucauclair
Fri Sep 8 22:28:57 CEST 2006

On Friday 08 September 2006 08:28, Gerhard Gau?ling wrote:
> But this is what you can do in InDesign to
> create a new text frame: Just click wioth your text cursor where you
> want! There will be a new text frame then, yes it's that easy!

Try in 1.3.4, (is it in 1.3.3.3 too?) to shift+click anythere on the page
while creating a frame, it will use the margins/grid lines (guides). This is
an early implementation of a feature suggestion I have made that include
other improvements.

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3732

> You can even hold the left mouse button represented by the text cursor
> and drag the text cursor where ever you want, to define the text frame
> dimensions, an voila! start writing instantly. I call this very
> conveniant.

Sure is.

> [...]

Pierre-Luc