[Scribus] Give and take

Cedric Sagne csagne
Wed Sep 6 13:08:29 CEST 2006

All,

I love Scribus and sometimes, I find functionalities that I wish existed do not.
On the other hand, sometimes usability might be improved but I acknowledge that the choices by the development team are right, and that if I find something not convenient, that their choices were governed by "making something that works for the larger number",of which I may not be at that specific moment.

Well of course sometimes I have to click more than if the computer knew what I want, who I am, and the name of my dog.
*As a matter of fact I work in the software industry*

When I contribute to this list it is either because there is something I cannot find because I'm just not looking in the right place, or to give something to the community, like a tutorial.
I do not imply that where I was looking was the right place, rather that I need to look where the developers set the features, or how they implemented them.

I'd rather see developers spend time on new features that will imitate expensive innovation that you can see in InDesign, improve stability and data processing speed rather than try to tailor an already excellent GUI to the specific needs of some users to help them save their clicks.