[Scribus] some concerns / making scribus better

Adrianna Pinska adrianna.pinska
Wed Sep 6 09:44:15 CEST 2006

On 9/6/06, Peter Nermander <m8130 at abc.se> wrote:

> > My point is that the ability to manoeuvre the object with arrows would
> > become much more useful if it also included an option to jump to round
> > numbers.
>
> Isn't the major point in this issue really that the positions are in "to small"
> fractions?

(...)

> Of course this should only refer to mouse movement and nudging, when entering
> true numbers you should be able to enter "100/3 mm" and get 33.33 mm.

This could also work.

If, when an object was initially placed on the workspace with the
mouse, it could only be positioned at these intervals, that would
solve the problem for me in practice -- because I would never get an
object positioned in between the intervals unless I put it there on
purpose.

Then, since all objects would end up on the same "grid" of numbers
when initially placed, moving them around with arrows (assuming that
the interval by which the arrows jumped was the same, or compatible)
would work better; they could be aligned perfectly with just the arrow
keys.

Adrianna
--
~ Registered Linux User #334504 ~
"Curiously deep, the slumber of crimson thoughts: