[Scribus] some concerns / making scribus better

Adrianna Pinska adrianna.pinska
Tue Sep 5 12:48:10 CEST 2006

On 9/5/06, yetide2-scribus at yahoo.de <yetide2-scribus at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> > 2.: When you move or scale an object by clicking the arrows, or use the
> > mouse wheel, the value always goes up/down by an whole millimeter (or what
> > units youve selected).
> > I think it should first make an integer and then goes up/down by an whole
> > unit (75.19 mm > should first make 76.00 mm and then 77.00 when you raise
> > it stepwise)
> Uhm, when I move an object, I want it to move _by_ a certain number of millimeters, and not to the next full one. But that's just my opinion...

I would find it useful if there was at least an option for snapping to
round number positions.  I find it very irritating when I'm trying to
nudge something into position, and I'd like it to end up on an exact
number, but the starting position is wherever I dragged it by hand
(which is very unlikely to be a round number), so the nudging bumps it
to a non-round number, and I have to enter in a number manually.

I know that you can snap things to guides, thus getting different
boxes to line up perfectly, but you have to position the guide in the
first place.  In practice I don't think it matters a lot whether boxes
are positioned at 75mm or 75.19mm on different pages, so it's not a
huge problem.  But the snapping would be a nice feature.

Regards,
Adrianna
--
~ Registered Linux User #334504 ~
"Curiously deep, the slumber of crimson thoughts: