[Scribus] some concerns / making scribus better

yetide2-scribus at yahoo.de yetide2-scribus
Tue Sep 5 12:16:27 CEST 2006

Hi all!

> 2.: When you move or scale an object by clicking the arrows, or use the
> mouse wheel, the value always goes up/down by an whole millimeter (or what
> units youve selected).
> I think it should first make an integer and then goes up/down by an whole
> unit (75.19 mm > should first make 76.00 mm and then 77.00 when you raise
> it stepwise)
Uhm, when I move an object, I want it to move _by_ a certain number of millimeters, and not to the next full one. But that's just my opinion...

>> 3.: I want to paste text directly on the workspace, not to first make an
>> textbox and paste it in there.
>> it should use the standard font and font size selected.
>>
> I think you're out of luck there. The workspace just defines the
> boundaries of your work, everything is in frames. Scribus is not trying
> to be a wordprocessor.
Couldn't Scribus try to figure out what you're about to paste, and in case it's just text (and you're not inside a text container), automagically draw a text box and insert it? That would possibly save a click or two...

 Regards,
Chris