[Scribus] Anyone else seen this benchmark?

Markus Kamp mk_cactus
Tue Oct 24 10:21:42 CEST 2006

Am 24.10.2006 um 10:13 schrieb Markus Baertschi:

> On 10/24/06, Thomas R. Koll <tomk32 at gmx.de> wrote:
>> It sounds hard, but get used to it (at least until the text engine is
>> finally recoded). A roundawork, split the document into three or four
>> parts.
>> I usually make 60+ pages and accept bad performance cause I don't
>> want to split it.
>
> That's what I think of doing. Essentially I'll be formatting a book
> for my mother,
> around 150 pages, 1-2 images per page, German and English text side-
> by-side
> (that's the reason I need 'parallel columns'). The book must be
> available in
> late spring (June) next year, so I'm early. But failure due to
> insufficient preparation
> is not an option :-).

If you're working on a book, it might be an option to split files
along chapters, assumed you start a new page after each chapter that
shouldn't add other difficulties and might bring some relief on the
performance..

just my 2 cts

Markus