[Scribus] Anyone else seen this benchmark?

Markus Baertschi markus
Tue Oct 24 10:13:05 CEST 2006

On 10/24/06, Thomas R. Koll <tomk32 at gmx.de> wrote:

> It sounds hard, but get used to it (at least until the text engine is
> finally recoded). A roundawork, split the document into three or four
> parts.
> I usually make 60+ pages and accept bad performance cause I don't
> want to split it.

That's what I think of doing. Essentially I'll be formatting a book for my
mother,
around 150 pages, 1-2 images per page, German and English text side-by-side
(that's the reason I need 'parallel columns'). The book must be available in
late spring (June) next year, so I'm early. But failure due to insufficient
preparation
is not an option :-).

Markus
--
  Markus Baertschi             Phone: ++41 (21) 807 1677
  Bas du Ross? 16             Fax  : ++41 (21) 807 1678
  CH-1163, Etoy                Email: markus at markus.org
  Switzerland                  Homepage: www.markus.org