[Scribus] Anyone else seen this benchmark?

Markus Baertschi markus
Tue Oct 24 10:27:32 CEST 2006

That is certainly an option. For now I'm creating a mock-up and have about
10-15 pages. I don't know if the performance is very much dependent on how
many pages I've got. I had the impression that 2.3 pages was not much faster
that 10-15, but must experiment some more to know for sure.

Markus

On 10/24/06, Markus Kamp <mk_cactus at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 24.10.2006 um 10:13 schrieb Markus Baertschi:
> >
> > On 10/24/06, Thomas R. Koll <tomk32 at gmx.de> wrote:
> >> It sounds hard, but get used to it (at least until the text engine is
> >> finally recoded). A roundawork, split the document into three or four
> >> parts.
> >> I usually make 60+ pages and accept bad performance cause I don't
> >> want to split it.
> >
> > That's what I think of doing. Essentially I'll be formatting a book
> > for my mother,
> > around 150 pages, 1-2 images per page, German and English text side-
> > by-side
> > (that's the reason I need 'parallel columns'). The book must be
> > available in
> > late spring (June) next year, so I'm early. But failure due to
> > insufficient preparation
> > is not an option :-).
>

> If you're working on a book, it might be an option to split files
> along chapters, assumed you start a new page after each chapter that
> shouldn't add other difficulties and might bring some relief on the
> performance..
>
> just my 2 cts
>
> Markus

  Markus Baertschi             Phone: ++41 (21) 807 1677
  Bas du Ross? 16             Fax  : ++41 (21) 807 1678
  CH-1163, Etoy                Email: markus at markus.org
  Switzerland                  Homepage: www.markus.org