[Scribus] Using Scribus to place multiple pages generated by Scribus on one page

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Sat Oct 21 16:33:53 CEST 2006

Gregory Pittman a ?crit :
> Plinnell wrote:
>> On Saturday 21 October 2006 11:18, Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:
>>
>>> I want to create a document which logically consists of multiple
>>> pages, but has to be sent to the printer as four logical pages per
>>> pdf page. Would it make sense to create the logical pages first,
>>> export them as .pdf and then create another Scribus socument where
>>> four pages are placed on one with Anschnitt added? Is there a
>>> simpler solution? One without the quality loss (AFAIK Scribus
>>> converts .pdf to raster images)?
>>>
>>> Philipp
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It is far simpler to do the following:
>>
>> 1) Create logical pages as needed.
>>
>> 2) Create new doc with space for 4 logical pages per document.
>>
>> 3) Create a second layer in the new doc.
>>
>> 4) Go Page > Import > Import the logical pages.
>>
>> 5) After importing, select all > position the content >  then move the
>> content to the first layer. Why ? This avoids object collision when
>> importing.
>>
>> This will a: avoid  loss of precision with PDF and b: require far less
>> memory and time to do the final PDF export.
>>
> Perhaps we need more feedback from Phillipp, but I was thinking he
> wanted to shrink individual pages so that four of them fit on the final
> pdf. I don't see anyway to do that by importing pages.

Could be, indeed. Then we'd need to fill a RFE for a "Scale" feature
that would allow to scale any element on a page, including the whole
page itself. Don't know if this is planned. Ideas?

Louis