[Scribus] Using Scribus to place multiple pages generated by Scribus on one page

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Oct 21 16:32:20 CEST 2006

Plinnell wrote:
> On Saturday 21 October 2006 11:18, Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:
>
>> I want to create a document which logically consists of multiple
>> pages, but has to be sent to the printer as four logical pages per
>> pdf page. Would it make sense to create the logical pages first,
>> export them as .pdf and then create another Scribus socument where
>> four pages are placed on one with Anschnitt added? Is there a
>> simpler solution? One without the quality loss (AFAIK Scribus
>> converts .pdf to raster images)?
>>
>> Philipp
>>

> Hi,
>
> It is far simpler to do the following:
>
> 1) Create logical pages as needed.
>
> 2) Create new doc with space for 4 logical pages per document.
>
> 3) Create a second layer in the new doc.
>
> 4) Go Page > Import > Import the logical pages.
>
> 5) After importing, select all > position the content >  then move the
> content to the first layer. Why ? This avoids object collision when
> importing.
>
> This will a: avoid  loss of precision with PDF and b: require far less
> memory and time to do the final PDF export.

Perhaps we need more feedback from Phillipp, but I was thinking he
wanted to shrink individual pages so that four of them fit on the final
pdf. I don't see anyway to do that by importing pages.

Greg