[Scribus] Publisher to Scribus

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue Oct 10 04:33:32 CEST 2006

Am Samstag, 7. Oktober 2006 09:21 schrieb Roger:
> >>Is there some way to import .pub files from Publisher besides copying

> Light weight,  efficient, low overheads, readable by almost every
> computer, consider plain txt files your best friend.

Only in theory. As soon as you need more characters than ANSII (i.e. the
English alphabet, i.e. the smallest common denominator), you're screwed if
you try to share plain text files cross-platform.

It's better to use real HTML (with proper character encoding, like ä) or
OpenDocument. Even MS Word files (shudder) are more appropriate for the
exchange of texts that contain characters above ANSII across platforms, since
almost all manufacturers of word processors have already spent a lot of time
to decipher Word files to an extent that makes it possible to at least load
the content and (perhaps) the text formatting.

[snip]

Cheers,

Christoph