[Scribus] Does Scribus produce CMYK images in a PDF if The Gimp was used to create them?

Julian Robbins julian.robbins
Fri Oct 6 13:07:37 CEST 2006

Hi

I need to send a CMYK PDF to a printers for an advert. Now I'm sure that
the PDF Scribus produces will be CMYK, but if I use the Gimp to create
the images in the first place, ie RGB, and import them, will the
resulting output PDF have CMYK images or not?

If I produce vector work from Inkscape and import as a SVG, I think that
produces CMYK images. Is this correct ?

I had a look but couldn't find these notes in the docs or the wiki.

I wont be using ICC profiles, as colour management is not so much of a
concern...

I'm using Scribus 1.3.3.4 and Inkscape 0.44, gimp 2.2.11

--
Kind Regards,
Julian Robbins

Applications Engineer