[Scribus] Mulatiple page print-out

Craig Ringer craig
Fri Oct 6 01:53:42 CEST 2006

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Craig Ringer wrote:
>>> If not would it be possible to incorporate imposed
>>> printed output directly from Scribus?
>>>
>> This is frequently requested. It's just a matter of finding the time
>> really. I think everybody currently actively working on the code has
>> higher priories (like making the text system work massively better and
>> fixing bugs).
>>
> Perhaps this needs to move up the priority scale.

Perhaps - but then, not above fixing the file format or the text system,
I'm sure. Nor any work that makes the app more maintainable in the long
term.

Of course, I'm hardly doing any of the work at the moment so I can't
really talk.

My own current interest - if I ever get enough time to explore it - is
restructuring the current PDF backend to use PoDoFo for low level
output. At the same time I'd want to make physical page export work in
terms of one or more logical pages with positioning information (the
default being logical = physical page) so imposition during output was
possible.

I might even get to do it one day :S

> Another situation in which this would be useful is with presentations.
> It would be nice to be able to print out a version of a presentation
> with something like impositions and multiple pages printed on a sheet of
> paper. Sometimes I just wish I had that for my own reference, rather
> than serving as a handout.

Yep, makes sense.

--
Craig Ringer