[Scribus] Mulatiple page print-out

Bernard G Hill berni
Thu Oct 5 21:27:14 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 00:38 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Bernard G Hill wrote:
> > Thanks for the help so far with this problem, but I am still having
> > difficulty. The Acrobat Reader which I have does not appear to have any
> > way of printing multiple pages on one larger sheet. Are there different
> > versions of AR? Mine is 7.0.1 and on Ubuntu 6.06.
>
> Adobe Reader is more limited in its printing capabilities on Linux than
> it is on Windows or Mac OS X.
>
> > Can AR print correctly imposed sheets such as would be required for an
> > eight page A5 booklet on A3+, printed both sides of course, to allow for
> > folding and cutting?
>
> Probably not even on Windows, though it'd depend on how strict your
> needs were.
>
> > If not would it be possible to incorporate imposed
> > printed output directly from Scribus?
>
> This is frequently requested. It's just a matter of finding the time
> really. I think everybody currently actively working on the code has
> higher priories (like making the text system work massively better and
> fixing bugs).
>
> --
> Craig Ringer

Thanks for the messages even though they are rather disappointing. I
appreciate that things have to be prioritised but it is interesting that
others have requested some form of imposition routine.

Will continue to use Scribus where possible to keep my hand in but will
have to use Ovation Pro for all the work which requires tricky output.

Best wishes
Berni.