[Scribus] Kerning HOWTO

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi
Thu Nov 16 13:24:34 CET 2006

Hi Greg,

On 11/15/06, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
> Kerning is also referred to as Tracking in some descriptions. You need
> to select (highlight) one or more letters for the kerning operation (ie,
> kerning is a property of the letters, not of a position between two
> letters).

Thanks for the explanation of Kerning.

Though I don't have Scribus installed right now on my system but,
IIRC, I did use to place cursor between any two characters and would
directly use up-and-down arrows in the property palette to adjust the
spacing "without" selecting the characters first - right in the
text-frame.  I used to think that was kerning. Would you also like to
explain as to what this adjusting of space between any two characters
(without selecting) is called?  Just for my understanding/learning.  I
just don't get to use Scribus very often these days (busy in different
projects) and might be making a mistake here.  Please explain.



More information about the scribus mailing list