[Scribus] Kerning HOWTO

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Thu Nov 16 23:45:42 CET 2006

Asif Lodhi wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> On 11/15/06, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
>> Kerning is also referred to as Tracking in some descriptions. You need
>> to select (highlight) one or more letters for the kerning operation (ie,
>> kerning is a property of the letters, not of a position between two
>> letters).
> Thanks for the explanation of Kerning.
> Though I don't have Scribus installed right now on my system but,
> IIRC, I did use to place cursor between any two characters and would
> directly use up-and-down arrows in the property palette to adjust the
> spacing "without" selecting the characters first - right in the
> text-frame.  I used to think that was kerning. Would you also like to
> explain as to what this adjusting of space between any two characters
> (without selecting) is called?  Just for my understanding/learning.  I
> just don't get to use Scribus very often these days (busy in different
> projects) and might be making a mistake here.  Please explain.
yes, you're right -- in my hurry I didn't check to see that it also 
worked that way. Usually I have adjusted a collection of letters at a 
time, but adjusting an individual space is an option.


More information about the scribus mailing list