[Scribus] running scribus 1.2.4.1 want to upgrade

John Jason Jordan johnxj
Tue Nov 14 02:16:21 CET 2006

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:30:31 -0700
Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex at tagancha.org> dijo:

> You have to import my gpg key as the repositories are cryptographically
> signed. I'm not sure how it's done in synaptic, but the information on how to
> do that from the command line is in the document at
> http://www.scribus.net/index.php?name=Sections&req=viewarticle&artid=4&page=1
>
> Here is the info:
>
> "Using cryptographic repository signatures:
>
> Our repositories are cryptographically signed for added security. Add the
> gpg-keys for our repositories to avoid having to confirm your installation
> choice to the package manager each time you update a scribus or scribus-ng
> package.
>
>     root$ gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys DA286F326C5F196B
>
>     root$ gpg --armor --export DA286F326C5F196B | apt-key add -
>
> or as a normal user (with an appropriate entry for apt-key in the sudoers file):
>
>     user$ gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys DA286F326C5F196B
>
>     user$ gpg --armor --export DA286F326C5F196B | sudo apt-key add -

I still can't get it to work. I added the repositories
to /etc/apt/sources.list and saved the file. Then I ran the commands
above as root. Then I opened Synaptic and did a Reload. Synaptic
complained that several repositories were unavailable, including some
basic ones that came with the default Ubuntu installation.

Finally, I deleted the added repositories from /etc/apt/sources.list,
saved the file, reloaded Synaptic, and all is back to normal again.

I give up until there is a fix that I need (like setting a font in a
PDF field). Then I'll be motivated to figure out what is wrong.