[Scribus] Batch DTP

Moritz Dorka morido
Tue Nov 14 00:53:49 CET 2006

>> Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to automate production of a
>> magazine using Scribus, a spefific template and items of content ?
>> held in a
>> a text database? I'm thinking of something like dynamic content for a
>> website, but using a printed medium.

> I think that's a bit complicated. I'm generating Scribus files and
> PDFs of HTML but a lot of manual work is necessary.
> What you might want to test is the way the german T3N Magazin is
> published. It's using Typo3.

ASFAIK the production of T3N involves some proprietary (and costly) XML
Parser. I've asked those guys a while ago about their production process and
if it would possible to copy their solution. Well, their answer was no
because of that stupid parser. Cant remember what it was good for though, but
it must have had to do something with the conversation from XML to PDF.

--
Moritz Dorka