[Scribus] running scribus 1.2.4.1 want to upgrade

John Jason Jordan johnxj
Sun Nov 12 18:25:19 CET 2006

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 10:40:35 +0100
Maciej Hanski <ma_han2000 at yahoo.de> dijo:

> John Jason Jordan napisa?(a):
> > On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 23:38:39 -0600
> > "Dwain Alford" <dwain.alford at gmail.com> dijo:

> > I just tried the instructions on the above web link. I already had the
> > standard repositories, so I just needed to add the tagancha
> > repositories. Unfortunately, Synaptic puked up the URLs.

> I don't know, what's happened to you (I installed the dapper package
> yesterday. Malex?), but try the breezy repositories for the time being,
> they will work for Dapper too:
>  # debian.scribus.net - Primary repository
>  deb http://debian.scribus.net/debian breezy main restricted
>  deb-src http://debian.scribus.net/debian breezy main restricted

They still don't work. First, I copied and pasted them into the
Settings > Repositories in Synaptic, then did a reload. Synaptic said
they had the wrong keys and wouldn't use them. So then I deleted them
with Synaptic. Then I sudo opened Gedit /etc/apt/sources/list and
manually copied and pasted them to the end, then saved the file. I
closed and restarted Synaptic and did a reload, but got the same error
message.

I do have 1.3.3.2 now. Originally I had installed just 1.2.4.1 and
scribus-templates with Synaptic. But yesterday I noted that Synaptic
also listed Scribus-ng 1.3.3.2, so I installed it. When I launched it
it automatically saw my preferences and imported them. It has run well
so far, but still no ability to get a font in a PDF field to make it to
the PDF document. I assume that this problem is not resolved in 1.3.3.5
anyway, so it doesn't matter. When that does get fixed I'd like to
install the update then, however. Meantime, I just deleted the breezy
repositories from the sources.list file.