[Scribus] PDF fields documentation

Plinnell mrdocs
Sat Nov 11 14:43:34 CET 2006

On Saturday 11 November 2006 06:07, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> Never mind my previous question. I finally poked at stuff long
> enough that I figured out how to make a list appear in a PDF combo
> box. However, there is a serious problem. Evidently you can set the
> font for the PDF field to:
>
> Courier (regular, bold, italic, bold-italic)
> Helvetica (regular, bold, italic, bold-italic)
> Times (regular, bold, italic, bold-italic)
> Zapf Dingbats
> Symbols
>
> This will not do. I need to set the font for the form to a special
> font that has characters in the International Phonetic Alphabet. I
> know you can tell Scribus additional paths for the fonts you have
> installed, but can I also make additional fonts available for PDF
> fields? _______________________________________________

Hi,

Based on the IRC chat from earlier today.. Sorry, I was sleeping. :)

The limitations of fonts in PDF fields is somewhat determined by: 1.
the PDF version 2. available fonts locally on the reader's machine
*and* using local font must be enabled in the Acrobat Reader.

As you mentioned, you are running under 64bit and there is no upgrade
to 1.3.3.4/1.3.3.5 possible. I know both Debian, Fedora and Suse all
offer 64-bit versions of Scribus for 1.3.3.x, otherwise you will need
to compile the sources yourself. On http://debian.scribus.net there
are notes on doing this in a build root.

What you want to accomplish can *only* be done in 1.3.3.x. and PDF
1.5+ In 1.2.x it is simply not possible.

Peter