[Scribus] PDF fields documentation

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Sat Nov 11 15:04:32 CET 2006

Plinnell napisa?(a):
> On Saturday 11 November 2006 06:07, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> Never mind my previous question. I finally poked at stuff long
>> enough that I figured out how to make a list appear in a PDF combo
>> box. However, there is a serious problem. Evidently you can set the
>> font for the PDF field to:
>>
>> Courier (regular, bold, italic, bold-italic)
>> Helvetica (regular, bold, italic, bold-italic)
>> Times (regular, bold, italic, bold-italic)
>> Zapf Dingbats
>> Symbols
>>
>> This will not do. I need to set the font for the form to a special
>> font that has characters in the International Phonetic Alphabet. I
>> know you can tell Scribus additional paths for the fonts you have
>> installed, but can I also make additional fonts available for PDF
>> fields? _______________________________________________
>

> Hi,
>
> Based on the IRC chat from earlier today.. Sorry, I was sleeping. :)
>
> The limitations of fonts in PDF fields is somewhat determined by: 1.
> the PDF version 2. available fonts locally on the reader's machine
> *and* using local font must be enabled in the Acrobat Reader.

There is actually a well documented bug report for this (fonts in PDF
form fields) in the bug tracker:

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3282

Fschmid had started to implement it in 1.3.4cvs in May, but didn't get
very far due to some unexpected difficulties (also described there).

Peter, if there is anything (in terms of the _right_ PDF version and the
_right_ acroread setting)  you can add to this bug report to get it
solved, it would help a lot. There are sample files attached to this
bug, if would be interesting to know, if you don't have any difficulties
viewing them in acroread.

cheers
Maciej