[Scribus] 2 questions about download

Le Tigre scribus
Sat Nov 11 11:00:39 CET 2006

Riku Leino a ?crit :
> Le Tigre wrote:
>> - how can you know if the cvs version is new. I mean, if I do:
>>
>> cvs -z3 co -r Version13x Scribus
>
> After doing that you'll have directory called Scribus. Then after installing
> do not delete that directory. You can later use it to upgrade. To upgrade use
> the command below in the Scribus directory. This will only fetch the changed
> files. You should read some cvs introduction to get more info about the
> details. When using the command below you'll see different flags prepended to
> the file names. These will tell you what has happened. man CVS will explain
> you these under the header "Import Output".
>
> cvs -f -q update -d

Thanks Riku.
Indeed, I keep the same directory, and I realize that some files had
been updated, so I think the day in "About Scribus" does not change for
avery changes in the cvs.

>> - I'm now (after mrdocs' advises) on OpenSuse 10.1. Is there a way to
>> specify a "repositery" (I don't know if it's the term on Suse) to Yast
>> in order to have Scribus 1.3.3x. Because in Yast, you have only 1.2.x,
>> and you have to download manually on sourceforge the rpm (which is a bit
>> pitty because you don't know when there's a new version).
>
> Your initial checkout line in this message doesn't checkout the 1.3.3.x
> version but 1.3.x. For 1.3.3.x use the branch name Version133x.

Actually, I'm using 1.3.3.x for production (and 1.3.4cvs in order to
test it, in a parallel installation). And I'm not compilating the
1.3.3.x series: I'm just working with rpm, and as I installed the
1.3.3.4 with the rpm, it's now "locked" in Yast, and I cannot upgrade
manually.
That's the reason of my question.

Thank you again

Raphael