[Scribus] 2 questions about download

Riku Leino tsoots
Fri Nov 10 19:15:01 CET 2006

Le Tigre wrote:
> - how can you know if the cvs version is new. I mean, if I do:
>
> cvs -z3 co -r Version13x Scribus

After doing that you'll have directory called Scribus. Then after installing
do not delete that directory. You can later use it to upgrade. To upgrade use
the command below in the Scribus directory. This will only fetch the changed
files. You should read some cvs introduction to get more info about the
details. When using the command below you'll see different flags prepended to
the file names. These will tell you what has happened. man CVS will explain
you these under the header "Import Output".

cvs -f -q update -d

> - I'm now (after mrdocs' advises) on OpenSuse 10.1. Is there a way to
> specify a "repositery" (I don't know if it's the term on Suse) to Yast
> in order to have Scribus 1.3.3x. Because in Yast, you have only 1.2.x,
> and you have to download manually on sourceforge the rpm (which is a bit
> pitty because you don't know when there's a new version).

Your initial checkout line in this message doesn't checkout the 1.3.3.x
version but 1.3.x. For 1.3.3.x use the branch name Version133x.