[Scribus] no "Scripts" button ??

Petr Vaněk petr
Thu Nov 9 20:53:32 CET 2006

On Thursday 09 November 2006 19:05, stu seven wrote:
> +    Yesterday, I read a post from a Scribus user
> who was offering a Python script for formatting books...
> but, on loading this on my system, I found that there
> is no "Scripts" button on my Scribus interface... eeekkkk  :-)

It's in main menu.

>      Im using... I think it is 1.3.3.1... so... hmmm... maybe
> I need to recompile, specifying some "script" option ?
> There is also mention of a "scribus scripting module" or
> like that, so perhaps its something I havent seen.

It depends ;)

I suppose you have it installed as a binary package from your distro or as a
precompiled Windows installation. Then it *should* be there (if the
maintainers compiled it with Python (and they do it in most cases)).

Anyway try to run scribus from a console. Does it write something as output? I
mean something like "problem loading libscripter.so blah blah lalala"

If you are using Scribus compiled from source it would be better to recompile
it, esp. run ./configure again and check its output for missing Python
libraries warnings etc.

check it and good luck
petr