[Scribus] Using Scribus in the classroom?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Nov 7 23:44:08 CET 2006

Moritz Dorka wrote:
> I was able to type by the age of 9, too. But probably we're both exceptional.
> Look where you are now: You are a Scribus *developer* and I'm, well, at least
> a user. But nevertheless, you cant expect everybody to be like us. The vast
> majority of kids (at least at my school) is _not_ able to type at that age.

In the end, it's the teacher's judgment call. She should be able to get
a handle on the degree of difficulty as she tries to create her own
tutorial.
My guess is that she is conceiving of a highly structured and limited
project, where the kids are mainly responsible for the content, yet they
have an opportunity to learn something about layout and design. Even
templates can have some flexibility.

I would hope that, with the traditionally positive attitude this list
has had, that we can offer encouragement, some words of caution for
sure, but not just come back saying, "You are going to fail."
In some sense I think we should be cheering them on, doing everything we
can to help them succeed.

Greg