[Scribus] New user needs help

Jean Ghali jghali
Tue Nov 7 08:10:21 CET 2006

Craig Ringer wrote:

> BTW, Jean, do you know if we use the environment to get the user's home
> directory path at the moment? We really should use:
>
> 	Home dir: %SYSTEMDRIVE%\%HOMEPATH%
> 	Temp: %TEMP%
> 	Application data: %APPDATA%
> 	Program Files: %ProgramFiles%

You should really forget using them directly as you have no insurance that
they won't change (for eg: %TEMP% may not exist at all or even be replaced
by %TMP%). Win32 API provide functions such as SHGetSpecialFolderPath or
GetTempPath to deal with those special directories. These functions are
already used in ScPaths to retrieve special directories