[Scribus] New user needs help

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Nov 7 03:12:20 CET 2006

Tom Fenn wrote:
> Now the problem, I again downloaded both
> of the current programs as I did before when I start to install Scribus
> it stalls every time at ?reading preferences?.

I assume that it installed OK, and when you run it you get that error?

Try hitting Start->Run and typing in:

%SYSTEMDRIVE%\%HOMEPATH%

then hitting enter. An Explorer window should appear, and you should be
able to see a .scribus directory in it. Move that directory to your
desktop and try launching Scribus again.

If all goes well and you don't have any old Scribus settings you need to
recover, delete the .scribus directory you moved.

BTW, Jean, do you know if we use the environment to get the user's home
directory path at the moment? We really should use:

	Home dir: %SYSTEMDRIVE%\%HOMEPATH%
	Temp: %TEMP%
	Application data: %APPDATA%
	Program Files: %ProgramFiles%