[Scribus] Windows booklet printing

Peter Nermander peter.nermander
Sat Nov 4 11:23:05 CET 2006

> That may be so but office workers are not going to know where to find
> the routine to copy and would object to having to work that way. For the
> human computer user GUI is the way.

But why would office users need booklet printing? Especially from an app like Scribus?

Scribus is a page layout tool, to have use for such an applications you need certain knowledge about graphical design etc. And when you have such knowledge, you will know that simple booklet printing is in most cases not what you want, you want more advanced features, you want bleed, adjusting for creep etc.

If you can live without bleed, adjusting for creep etc you can IMO also live without Scribus.

So this is a matter of two questions:
1. Who need to use Scribus AND simple booklet printing?
2. Should booklet printing be supportet by the application or by the print system?

I think the print system, since the application will not have enough knowledge of the printers limitations.

/Peter