[Scribus] 1.3.3.x backports and a rundown of some simple bugs for stable

Michael Koren kung42o
Fri Nov 3 23:48:46 CET 2006

Hi,

I've noticed that a number of my bugs have been closed as fixed in 1.3.4.
Since 1.3.3.x is the official stable version now, it seems bugs that are
relatively simple correctness and consistency issues should be left open
until fixed there too, shouldn't they? The ones I've noticed are:

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3871 - wrong coordinates of group on
paste
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3633 - text entry reversal
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3608 / 3791 - group scaling with
rotation and nonstandard basepoints
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3596 - editing locked frame shape
weirdness
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3641 - flip icon consistency
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3644 - flipping groups (looks already
fixed)

And I thought I'd list a few more correctness issues that look pretty simple
to fix for stable, that I thought might be nice for 1.3.3.5 if there's still
time :) :

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3651 - default text colors taken from
wrong place
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3609 - wrong coordinate display on lock
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3424 - wrong coords on change of
basepoint
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3792 - rotating group shows wrong value
(depends on how it was selected)

...and finally, here are a couple more sets I'm aware of that relate to
consistency or correctness, that I think might be most useful to fix for a
stable release and may be worth looking at in the near future:

- Consistency with locked frames: 2343, 3188 (deleting text); 3606
(group/ungroup on context menu)
- Distortions while working with groups and rotated objects (some could have
been fixed already with 3791/3608): 3649/1403 (when click on it wrong), 3612
(resizing rotated frames), 3724/2980 etc. (with CTRL-resize)
- PP incorrectly/misleadingly  handles groups depending on first selected
item: 3640, 3610
- Wrong behavior resizing multiple text frames (3423)

Just to mention a few of my favorites. :) Thanks everyone for the great work
on stabilizing 1.3.3.x! I remember when 1.3.1 was the new development
release that I switched to for its new features.

Thanks again,
Michael